This Cheesy Bacon Apple Bread is wonderful to serve for breakfast with eggs and coffee. This bread is good as a snack or with any meal. If it has bacon in it, I like it! This bread is easy to make and also goes great with just about any meal.
Cheesy Bacon Apple Bread Ingredients Needed:
Bacon, fried and crumbled
Green onions (could use regular)
Apples (any kind of apple will work)
Shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Many people tell me they are scared to make bread but it’s really simple to make and any quick bread is a great place to start. If you love banana bread you will love this Best Ever Banana Bread recipe. It’s one of our most popular. If you enjoy working with yeast and want to make your own white bread, then definitely try our Best White Bread recipe. I make this bread once a week and we enjoy having homemade bread with only a few ingredients. It’s delicious toasted or to use for sandwiches.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Do you follow us on Instagram?
Cheesy Bacon Apple Bread
- 5 or 6 pieces bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions could use regular
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples (any kind of apple will work)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Cook bacon, drain, crumble and set aside, saving 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, garlic powder.
- Add bacon drippings, melted butter, sour cream, buttermilk and eggs. Stir with a spoon until well mixed. Fold in chopped green onions, apples and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Mix.
- Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray and add your batter to the pan. Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup cheese on top of the batter in your pan and add the crumbled bacon over the cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven from 45 minutes to 1 hour until bread test done in the middle as ovens vary.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Don’t Forget to Pin Cheesy Bacon Apple Bread!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder