BEST HOMEMADE WHITE BREAD
Best homemade white bread is delicious.
This homemade white bread is one recipe that when you make it, you will make it over and over again. My family loves this bread for sandwiches, toast, French toast, or just have it as a side with any meal. So much better than the store-bought white bread and no preservatives. This recipe makes two loaves. It keeps for several days but could be frozen if you want to freeze one. It makes a great gift for a neighbor or friend and the recipe could be doubled if you want to make more than two loaves. You might also like to check out our recipe for the quickest ever yeast rolls.
Ingredients needed for our Homemade White Bread
White granulated sugar
Packets active dry yeast (1/4 ounce size)
Oil (I use Canola or Olive)
Best Homemade White Bread
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 packets active dry yeast 1/4 ounce size
- 1/4 cup oil I use Canola
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Put the two cups of warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add the white sugar and yeast and stir to dissolve. Let set for about five minutes before adding oil, salt, honey and flour mixing each time with a spoon until dough comes together in the bowl.
- Spread some flour on a board or your counter top and pour dough out. Knead for about four minutes. Grease a large crock or bowl with oil, add the dough, turn dough over once so both sides will be greased. Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rise for one hour in a warm place. (I warm my oven for a few minutes, then turn it off and put dough on the shelf in the oven to rise.)
- Next, remove dough, punch down and cut into two pieces. Knead and shape the dough and place into two 9 x 5 baking pans that have been greased. Cover with damp cloth and let rise another 40 minutes in a warm place. Once dough has risen a second time, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Brush with melted butter while still hot, let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing. Makes 2 loaves.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately!
Don’t forget to pin:.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.