Banana Fritters are always a good idea at our house.
If you like fritters, you will love these banana fritters. It seems I am always looking for recipes using bananas and this is a favorite at my house. This is a simple recipe that you can make for an everyday breakfast but it’s also a fabulous dish to serve to guests. They are wonderful for brunch! Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Ingredients you’ll Need for Banana Fritters:
Butter or margarine, melted
Recipe Notes: We like these fritters dusted with confectionary sugar. You can also drizzle syrup or honey over them. You could serve them drizzled with our powdered sugar glaze or with your favorite jelly or jams.
If you like this recipe, you may love our pineapple fritters. They have fantastic reviews!
Don’t forget about our best banana bread ever. This is one of our most popular recipes for a reason. It has almost 100 reviews! It’s super easy and delicious.Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- Confectionery sugar
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl. (Flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt) Add eggs, butter, vanilla, milk and bananas and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Drop mixture into hot oil (I use an ice cream scoop full for each fritter). Brown on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectionery sugar.