These yeast rolls are kind of a cross between a biscuit and a roll. They make the best sandwich rolls and go great with any meal. We love these yeast rolls for breakfast with ham, egg and cheese. They will keep for several days in the fridge or an airtight container. You can reheat them in the microwave and slather them with fresh butter and jam for a treat anytime. This is the quickest and easiest recipe for yeast rolls and my favorite to make. I love these rolls!
Yeast Rolls Ingredients Needed:
Active dry yeast (1/4 ounce or 2 1/4 teaspoons each)
White granulated sugar
These rolls only have to rise for 15 minutes twice, which makes them much quicker to make. These rolls really go with just about any meal. The last time I made them we enjoyed them with our Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy. It was a wonderful addition. These would be a great addition to any holiday menu too.
Recipe feedback: “Best quick rolls ever! I had my doubts…. but I was invited to dinner and I only had an hour so I decided to give it a shot. I didn’t roll the dough out and cut it. I rolled it into balls and it was fine. Also I threw all the ingredients in my Bosch mixer and let it knead for 5 min. Everyone LOVED them and they are definitely going to be made over and over again. I love that they tasted like I took all day to make them and it was actually less than an hour!” – Tara
“I loved how quick these really were, and you can mix them with a spoon to boot! I cut the recipe in half and it worked really well. My only mistake was that when I picked a sheet pan, I forgot to pick one where the rolls could nestle close together and rise nice and high. Mine “spread” a bit but they were still edible and again, fast and easy! I think I rolled the dough to about 1/2 inch thick; next time I’ll pull out my ruler. But 15 minutes was still a good bake time!” – Anu
Full recipe in recipe card below.
This photo is after the second rise:
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Quickest Ever Yeast Rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast 1/4 ounce or 2 1/4 teaspoons each
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup warm water. Set aside. Combine milk, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan or bowl. Heat just till warm. (I do this about 1 minute in the microwave) Combine yeast and flour with milk mixture. Stir well with spoon. Cover and let rise 15 minutes in a warm place. (I turn on my oven to about 350 degrees and put this on top of the stove under the light for 15 minutes). When the 15 minutes is up, flour your hands, put some flour on your dough board and press the dough to about 1 inch thick. Cut out in circles. (I use a tin can for a cutter because we like these rolls big). Place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Let rise for 15 minutes. (I cover with dish towel).
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Makes about 15 rolls. Note: I brush these with melted butter before placing in the oven.
If you like this recipe you may also like these Easy Mayonnaise Rolls.
Don’t Forget to Pin Quickest Ever Yeast Rolls!
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.