Cake Mix Pumpkin Donuts are easy and delicious. If there is anything my family loves it is a donut. Make it a pumpkin donut and that is even better. We all love both these things and we all love these donuts. I can’t make them because I want to eat them all and then everyone would be mad because they didn’t get any. I drizzled my homemade caramel frosting on these and that makes them delicious. If you make these donuts, you could just sprinkle on powdered sugar or add a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar but I promise you they won’t be as good as with this caramel on top. We think the caramel just makes these treats and none of us can get enough of them. You might also like our recipe for donuts made with canned biscuits.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Donuts Ingredients Needed:
Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
100% pure pumpkin
Caramel Frosting Ingredients Needed:
These delicious cake mix pumpkin donuts are a great way to spoil your family. You can make these in about 30 minutes which is great for a Saturday morning! Easy to make and they are baked and also delicious. Kids love them and they would be a great addition to any fall gathering. So easy to make up too!
If you love pumpkin like we do.. you will love this wonderful Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Bread! It’s one of our most popular recipes and is great to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Donuts
- 1 15.25 ounce package Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Caramel Frosting Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pour the pumpkin mix into a large mixing bowl and add the spices. Stir with a spoon to mix well. Add yellow cake mix and stir until all ingredients are wet. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. My pan makes 12 medium sized donuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the donut pan or could use a piping bag. I just used a spoon. I filled each cup almost full. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in donut pan for 10 minutes before removing. This made 18 donuts for me. Add frosting.
Caramel Frosting Instructions:
- Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan on top of the stove until melted and starts to boil. Remove and add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Stir well. Drizzle or pour over cooled donuts.
Don’t forget to pin our cake mix pumpkin donuts.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.