Buttermilk Chocolate Bread is wonderful with a cup of coffee. Easy to make and if you love chocolate you will love this bread. We love easy recipes and this one is great! If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we love to make bread. There is something about bread for breakfast! This bread would also be great for any brunch gathering!
Buttermilk Chocolate Bread Ingredients Needed:
utter or margarine, softened
Walnuts or nuts of your choice
Many times when I post a recipe with buttermilk people immediately ask if it can be made with something else. You can easily make a buttermilk substitute! Click here for the recipe.
“Wow this bread is amazing! I used white whole wheat flour to make it a bit healthier. I will definitely add this one to my recipe book.” – Karen
“I used 3 mini loaf pans, 35 minutes bake time. I also used mini choc chips; that makes the bread easier to slice.” – Anu
If you love this bread you will also love this delicious Cinnamon Bread! It’s one of the most popular recipes on our website for a reason. If you do decide to make it, I definitely suggest making the homemade cinnamon chips (linked in the recipe). They take this bread to a whole new level.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Buttermilk Chocolate Bread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice
- In a bowl, combine sugar and margarine; blend well with mixer. Add eggs; continue mixing. Add buttermilk, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend just until all ingredients are wet. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into sprayed 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 – 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan.