Smoked Sausage and Roasted Vegetables-TSLCA quick and easy way to fix an all-in-one meal.  I love roasted vegetables and the Hillshire Farm Sausage really adds to the flavor.

4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 large green pepper, cut into rings
1 large onion, cut into rings
3 or 4 carrots, cut into pieces
1 (1 pound) package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, cut on the diagonal
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Use a 9 x 13 baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.  Toss vegetables with oil, sprinkle on salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil.  Cook in preheated 450 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven add sausage. Cook for 15 more minutes.  Makes about six servings.  Enjoy!
Note:  You can do this with all kinds of vegetables. Use whatever you have on hand.
You may also enjoy:
Spanish Rice and Smoked Sausage
Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet
Hawaiian Beans and Wieners
Be sure to check out our other pages on Facebook and give them a “Like”.  Thank You!  Everything Kentucky and The Southern Twins.
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below. Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 22,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder

1. I also camp but in a 5th wheel and I hate to bake in the oven because it heats up a camper FAST..can this be cooked on a gas grill inside covered tin foil pans??

2. I must serve this every week almost,we just never get tired of it and it is so easy to make. I even make enough for leftovers

3. Ran across this recipe through Pinterest. It’s become a favorite for anyone I cook it for and will forever be in my rotation.

4. Gloria Wilt says:

I am an old southern lady, 83 years old, I made this tonight and my husband loved it, so did I. I am going to make your honey bun cake tomorrow.

Thank you so much Gloria. So happy you all enjoyed this recipe and happy to have you on my site. You will love the honey bun cake. It is one of my very favorites on the site. You and hubby have a great Christmas.

5. I have made this for years – the carrots! It was my daughter’s favorite meal. She’s 51 now & her husband cooks it for her!!

6. This recipe is n my oven now…it smells gr8!! I used an orange and yellow pepper instead of green. I also used a dill &garlic herb mix to coat the veggies.

7. I made this tonight and my husband asked where I got this recipe and I could certainly make it again. I did add some small fresh whole tomatoes as I had those on hand. Really good. Even the juice in the bottom of the pan was good.

8. would you put the corn in at the beginning or the last 15 min. with the sausage? I have never cooked corn in the oven so I wasn’t sure how long it took.

9. Do you take the casing off the sausage??

10. I bet a bit of cabbage would be real good in this dish.

11. This is delicious with Italian sausage and marinara sauce served on crusty bread.

12. Russ Hillman says:

Great recipy

13. My mother used to make something very similiar will be adding it to our campground menu next trip. Thanks!

14. Do you cover with the foil when cooking?

15. Do potatoes need to be boiled for this?

16. Made this while visiting my daughter. It was really good and she loved it

17. Got this in the oven now. Smells terrific. Thanks for posting this.

18. Thank you for this idea! This is our Sunday dinner today :-). I am going to also add shrimps when I add the sausage.

19. wanda mcculloch says:

Can this be made in a crockpot?

20. great in pressure cooker too so u dont heat up the kitchen with the oven. just add 1/4 cup of water. no oil needed. cook 20 minutes after it starts rocking. thuick cool the cooker under running water til the plug falls. yummy!

21. Why do you line your pan with foil? Do I have to do this?

22. Pingback: Smoked Sausage and Roasted Veggies | Scrumptious Cyn

23. I love it!! I use turkey smocked sausage and lots of veggies…Family loves it!!!!!!

24. I have this on the oven as I’m typing this and it smells sooo good! I can hardly wait for it to be ready!

25. I made this tonight and it was a HUGE hit!! My wife and son asked for seconds!! :) I used butternut squash instead of potatoes and I used brussel sprouts instead of green peppers.

26. Barbara Foles says:

Can’t wait to tell this…

27. I make this but with Italian sausage. We LOVE it! I may try it with the smoked sausage. However, I use this great greek seasoning I found and a little bit of red pepper flakes.

28. Can’t wait to try that!!

• Barbara DuBois says:

I do something similar to this at the campground. I will add the sausage though next time for a complete meal. I do however add some water to my foil pan to help keep it from burning.