This Sweet Potato Quick Bread is one of our favorites. Super easy to make and wonderful with a cup of coffee in the morning. If you love sweet potatoes you should definitely give this recipe a try. It would also make a wonderful gift during the holiday season. The spices in this bread really takes this one up a level.
Sweet Potato Quick Bread Ingredients Needed:
Sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
Nuts (I used walnuts, could use pecans)
We love to make bread for the weekend, it’s a nice treat in the morning. If you like this recipe, you will love our Best Ever Banana Bread. It’s always a hit and has wonderful reviews. Of course if you are looking for something during the holiday season, you can’t go wrong with this delicious Cinnamon Bread.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sweet Potato Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup oil I used Canola
- 1 cup sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1 cup nuts I used walnuts, could use pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- Cook one large sweet potato in boiling water, then put in cold water to cool, peel and mash. (You can use 1 cup canned sweet potatoes mashed). In a large bowl mix mashed sweet potatoes, oil, eggs, milk, brown sugar, white sugar and applesauce with spoon.
- Add flour, baking powder, spices, salt and continue mixing. Stir in nuts and walnuts and mix till all ingredients are wet. Pour into a greased or sprayed 9 x 5 x 3 bread pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Be sure and pin this delicious Sweet Potato Sweet Bread:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.