Sweet macaroni salad with ham is a favorite of my family. It is a great recipe for any holiday and is good anytime of the year. Take this sweet macaroni salad to family gatherings, picnics, or any potluck meal and it will go over big. This salad keeps well in the fridge for several days. You can make half the recipe or double the recipe for a crowd. I love this salad and can make a meal off just the salad. You might also like our recipe for Cheddar Ranch Pasta Salad.
Sweet Macaroni Salad Ingredients Needed:
Eggs, hard boiled
Dressing for Salad Ingredients Needed:
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
White granulated sugar
Sweet pickle relish
This is a very versatile pasta salad. You could always use cooked chicken, shrimp or even crab. We love pasta salads that you can switch up but the taste is still great. Add a fresh tomato on the side for a wonderful summer treat! This salad is a great side dish to barbecue chicken, grilled pork chops, burgers, etc.
“The very best macaroni salad..just like what my grandma used to make! My family loved it.” – Joyce
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sweet Macaroni Salad with Ham
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (cooked al-dente according to package directions)
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 cups cooked chopped ham
Dressing for Salad:
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well. I refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Don’t Forget to Pin Sweet Macaroni Salad!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.