If you’re a peanut butter fan, then I think you’ll love this peanut butter pudding cake. It’s simple to prepare and full of flavor. When this cake is done it will be oozing with warm delicious peanut butter… SO GOOD! It’s wonderful served warm with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. It’s great served cold as well. This pudding cake is made in an 8X8 so it’s the perfect dessert for a smaller group.
Peanut Butter Pudding Cake Ingredients:
Milk (I used 2%)
Cooking oil (I used Canola)
Walnut pieces (could use any nut you like)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Recipe Notes: I use extra crunch peanut butter in this recipe but you can use what you like. I also add walnuts but of course, you can use any nuts you like or leave them out. You can also add any flavor of chips that you like (dark chocolate, butterscotch, etc).
If you like this recipe, you may want to check out our peanut butter sheet cake! It’s delicious and has fantastic reviews.😉
See the full recipe below.
Are you reading our digital publication, Front Porch Life? It’s full of country living, easy recipes, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, relaxing, and cooking right away! Join 1000’s of others and start right now.
Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used extra crunchy
- 1/2 cup milk I used 2%
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil I used Canola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces could use any nut you like
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with a spoon. Add peanut butter, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix well with a spoon. Spray an 8 x 8 dish. Spread batter in the bottom of the pan. Batter will be thick.
- Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over batter. Pour hot water on top. Do not mix again. (I just heat water to boiling in the microwave).
- Bake in preheated 350- degree oven for 45 minutes. You will be able to see peanut butter oozing out the top of the cake. Makes about 8 to 10 servings.
Don’t forget to Pin our Peanut Butter Pudding Cake:
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.