This Easy Summer Squash Bread is the perfect way to enjoy the abundance of yellow squash. Every year we put out a few plants of yellow squash and zucchini and we always end up with way to much! This is a creative way to enjoy this great garden vegetable in a delicious bread. We love zucchini bread and the addition of yellow squash to this recipe was great!
Easy Summer Squash Bread Ingredients Needed:
White granulated Sugar
All Purpose Flour
Nuts of choice
This bread is super easy to make and the combination of cinnamon, allspice and vanilla give is a really good flavor. We love to add pecans to pretty much any bread however you can use any nuts you like or leave them out all together. You could easily double this recipe and make two loaves. I found that this bread was really moist and wonderful warmed up with butter. This bread would be perfect for any brunch!
Of course you don’t have to use half yellow squash and half zucchini. I think you could use all yellow squash and this would still turn out delicious.
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
We love yellow squash and this delicious Squash Cornbread Casserole is one of our favorites! It is a wonderful addition to any summer meal and it is always a hit!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Easy Summer Squash Bread
- 1/2 cup of yellow squash grated
- 1/2 cup of zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine yellow squash, zucchini, butter, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla in bowl and mix well.
- Add in remaining ingredients and combine until mixture is mixed and all ingredients are wet. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into greased 9X5 loaf pan and top with extra nuts (can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar for added flavor). Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Be sure and pin this Easy Summer Squash Bread:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.