This spiced apple coffee cake is simple to prepare and always a hit! It’s a homemade cake prepared with canned apple pie filling, which makes it so moist. It’s full of spices, so it packs a punch in the flavor department.
Ingredients Needed for Spiced Apple Coffee Cake:
Vanilla or Vanilla extract
Apple pie filling
Heavy Whipping Cream (can use milk)
Recipe Notes: you can use any nuts you like in this recipe. You could also easily leave them out. I have not tried this cake with other pie fillings, but I’m sure it would be wonderful with any flavor. I store this cake on my kitchen counter with no issues. You can certainly put it in the refrigerator. We have not prepared this cake using any substitutions (gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.).
Other Recipes you may like:
Scroll down for the full printable recipe in the recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Spiced Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 21 ounce can of apple pie filling
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1-2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Using a mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add in eggs and continue mixing. Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and mix.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into 9X13. Spread apple pie filling over the top of the batter. Sprinkle half a cup of pecans on top of the pie filling. Drop the remaining batter on top of the apples and then top it with the rest of the pecans.
- Bake for 25-30 min. Let cake cool before adding glaze.
- Mix well and pour over the cake. Add more cream or more sugar to get the right consistency to pour onto the cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up anytime. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t forget to pin our Spiced Apple Coffee Cake: