Spam fried potatoes are delicious and easy to make.
Spam has never been a favorite of mine but these spam fried potatoes are so good you will like them even if you don’t like spam. My mother made spam all the time when I was a child and burnt me completely out on this meat. I recently read where spam is making a comeback and decided to try it again. This skillet recipe is wonderful for breakfast or just anytime you want an easy weeknight meal. You might also like our recipe for Cajun style roasted potatoes.
Spam fried potatoes ingredients you will need:
4 to 5 large potatoes
green onion or regular onion
1 can of spam
cooking oil (vegetable, canola or olive)
bacon drippings, (optional)
We loved this for breakfast with a fried egg on top and shredded cheese with lots of black pepper. You could double this recipe or cut it in half. It keeps well in the fridge for several days and can be reheated in the skillet or microwave. You can use less pepper, salt and garlic powder if you don’t like a lot in your food. We love a lot!
Recipe feedback – “Made this dish today and holy moly it was delicious! We prefer turkey Spam because it’s less salty. Thanks for the tasty recipe- it’s definitely one I’ll make again!” -Felicia (more comments below.)
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Spam Fried Potatoes
- 4 to 5 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 green pepper chopped (I used a combination of green and red sweet peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or regular onion
- 1 12 ounce can of spam, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup cooking oil vegetable, canola or olive
- 2 to 3 tablespoons bacon drippings (optional)
- Combine the cubed potatoes, chopped peppers, onion and chopped spam in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the flour, black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add flour mixture to chopped potatoes and spam mixture and toss to coat all ingredients
- Heat oil and bacon drippings in a large skillet on top of the stove. Add the potatoes and spam and brown uncovered on high for about five minutes.
- Cover and turn down heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove cover and cook until potatoes are browned and crispy. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Don’t forget to pin spam fried potatoes.
Follow us on Instagram.© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.