These delicious caramel pecan bars are only a few ingredients and absolutely delicious. Perfect for any potluck or gathering! My family loves these and they are so simple to prepare. Similar to layer bars, but with a few different ingredients. Definitely put these on your “must make” list!
Caramel Pecan Bars Ingredients Needed:
Sweetened condensed milk
Notes: You can easily switch out the chips for a different flavor. You could use walnuts instead of pecans. These can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator but I would recommend letting them sit out for a bit before serving.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Caramel Pecan Bars
- 1.5- 2 cups 12 ounces of vanilla wafers, crushed enough of crushed vanilla wafers to cover the bottom of the pan, you may need more.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1.5 cups of pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine crushed vanilla wafers, sugar and butter in a bowl. Press into a greased 9X13 baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat (with a whisk or spoon) the condensed milk, egg and honey. Stir in butterscotch chips and pour over vanilla wafer mixture. Top with pecans and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting. I keep them in the refrigerator.
Follow us on Instagram!
Be sure and pin these delicious Caramel Pecan Bars:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.