Southern sour cream pecan cookies are good anytime and wonderful for the holidays. They have such a wonderful flavor and are very easy to make. You will love these Southern treats and your guests will come back for more! These cookies make a wonderful gift for any occasion. You could double the recipe if you want to make a lot. They keep well in an air-tight container. You might also like our recipe for Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies.
Pecan cookies are wonderful anytime and made with simple ingredients!
These cookies are a Christmas tradition at my house however they are delicious year round. Great way to use up any leftover sour cream. Every holiday season we make gift bags of delicious homemade goodies and these cookies are always in the bag. I havent met anyone yet that didn’t love them! Great reviews:
“I had some sour cream left over and hate wasting food. Saw your recipe and it looked so easy to put together. Made them in no time and were excellent. I put mini chocolate chips in the batter as we have a nut allergy in our home. Sprinkled them with some sugar and baked. Will definitely keep this recipe. Thanks!” – Fran
“So glad that I bumped into this recipe of yours. I had made these cookies years ago but lost the recipe in a move. I made a quick batch this morning and they were perfect. They are also mostly gone. My grandchildren loved them. I am following you now!” – Lisa
“Yummy! I just made them. Rolled them in cinnamon sugar like a snicker doodle, they are not too sweet, like I was afraid. They are beautiful with a great texture. These are definitely going to be Christmas gifts!!! But first, we have to eat this batch.” – Leigh
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Follow us on Instagram!
- 1/2 cup oil I use Canola
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla and sour cream. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and soda and mix well with a large spoon. Fold in pecans. In a smaller bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Batter will look like cake batter.
- Drop by tablespoon full onto a very lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of the sugar and cinnamon topping on each cookie. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen depending on the size you make the cookies.