Slow cooker chicken barbecue is so easy and so good.
This slow cooker chicken barbecue recipe is one you will make over and over again. This is the easiest barbecue recipe ever. You just throw it in the crock pot or slow cooker and it turns out delicious. This chicken never lasts long at my house and everyone loves it. You could double or triple the recipe for any gathering or event where you need to take a dish and you still won’t bring any back home. It keeps well refrigerated for several days if you do have leftovers. You might like to check out our recipe for maple baked beans, too.
Slow cooker chicken barbecue ingredients needed:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Barbecue sauce (I use honey barbecue sauce)
This is perfect for a busy night, throw it in the crock pot, grab some buns and a big bag of chips and you have dinner ready. Kids love this easy recipe too. If you like slaw with barbecue, check out this easy garden slaw.
RECIPE FEEDBACK – “I followed the recipe exact and we all loved it! Super easy and absolutely delicious. Thank you for another wonderful recipe” – Gina
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce I use honey barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker or crock pot. Stir together the onion, barbecue sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour over chicken breast. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours. Makes about six large sandwiches.
Don’t forget to pin!
Click here to follow us on instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder