This Root Beer Cake was a delicious recipe submitted to The Supper Club! We were looking for a simple cake to make for a gathering on our porch and Jacqueline Colwell from Klamath Falls, Oregon had sent us this delicious cake. We read the ingredients and thought this is a great one to enjoy and it’s super simple too. This cake comes together so quickly and which is always a plus! Only 5 ingredients which is so nice.
Root Beer Cake from Jacqueline Colwell from Klamath Falls, Oregon
Simple Ingredients needed:
Yellow Cake Mix – We used a Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
12 ounce can of Root Beer – We used Barq’s Root Beer
So you can see this cake is very simple, however if you love root beer you will love this combination. The cake has a wonderful flavor and since you make the cake with the root beer and then pour some on the cake too it’s extra moist. Jacqueline, thank you so much for sending this recipe in, our friends and family all enjoyed it and we are definitely saving this one! I have never made a Root Beer Cake before and this was a fun recipe.
We are really enjoying all of the wonderful recipes we have received during the summer session of The Supper Club. The response has been amazing and we are so grateful to everyone who has participated. The emails we receive from the group saying how much they love their weekly recipes has been so rewarding. We are blessed with the most amazing followers. If you are interested in The Supper Club, sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when we are accepting new members!
- I think pecans would be a great addition to this cake
- You could make this in a 9X13 by just adjusting the time, according to cake mix box and cream cheese frosting would also be great!
- This cake kept well in the refrigerator.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Root Beer Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box super moist yellow cake mix
- 1 12 ounce can Root Beer
- 1/4 cup vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Spray bundt pan with non stick spray
- Hold back 4 ounces of Root Beer
- Combine cake mix, 8 ounces of root beer, vegetable oil and eggs with mixer
- Mix the four ounces of root beer with confectioners sugar and set aside in the refrigerator
- Bake cake by the time specified on the cake mix box. Cool for 15 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Poke a lot of holes in the cake and pour the mixture of confectioners sugar and Root beer mixture over cake
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.