These Garlic Cheese Biscuits just melt in your mouth and go with just about any meal. If you love the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits you will definitely want to save this recipe. Super easy to make, big in flavor and one of our favorites. You can smell them in the oven and you just know these are going to be delicious. Perfect combination of garlic and cheese.
Garlic Cheese Biscuits Ingredients Needed:
Vegetable shortening or butter
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Buttermilk (could use regular milk)
These biscuits have a great crisp on the outside but are fluffy and soft on the inside. As you can see these are only a few ingredients and you can whip them up super quickly. You can shape them with your hands or just make drop biscuits. Either way works just fine!
For a time saver you can use bagged shredded cheddar cheese but if you haven’t shredded your own cheese I encourage you to give it a try. The bag shredded cheese can’t compare to freshly shredded. Then once the biscuits are done.. you can brush the tops with melted butter.. WOW! So good!
You can use regular milk in this recipe too. We enjoy cooking with buttermilk, the added fat makes for a great ingredient. If you don’t have any buttermilk you can always make a substitute, of course it won’t add in the fat but it will help with the sour of the buttermilk. Learn more here!
“I made these tonight for a big family meal. Used cold butter and buttermilk. Brushed with melted butter and garlic powder mixed together on the hot biscuits. They were just as yummy as Red Lobster’s. Thank You!!” -Theresa
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening or butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk could use regular milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening or butter until crumbs are the size of peas. Add garlic and sugar. Stir in cheese and milk.
- ou can do these as drop biscuits using a tablespoon of batter and dropping onto sprayed baking sheet or you can shape them with your hands and make a larger biscuit. I did some of both with this batch.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Brush tops with the melted butter if you want. Makes about 18 biscuits
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.