PUMPKIN APPLE CAKE WITH NUTMEG FROSTING
This Pumpkin Apple Cake with Nutmeg Frosting is one of my all time favorites. This great fall dessert made with apples and pumpkin and topped with nutmeg frosting will surely impress your guests. This delicious cake is one your family will love. Great for any gathering or event! The combination of apples and pumpkin really go great together. Definitely add this one to your menu. If you love pumpkin cakes, check out this delicious pumpkin coffee cake.
Pumpkin Apple Cake Ingredients Needed:
Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix just straight pumpkin)
Oil (I use Canola)
Walnut pieces (Optional)
Nutmeg Frosting Ingredients Needed:
Cream cheese, softened
This cake is perfect for Thanksgiving or really any Fall gathering. The taste is wonderful and I frosting is wonderful. Everyone I have served this cake to has asked for the recipe. Full recipe in recipe card below.
Recipe Feedback: “This cake is delicious!!! It was so easy and the frosting…wow. My family ate every single crumb.” – Barbara
“I’ve made this cake 3 times. Everyone loves it. Thank you soooo much. Best wishes!” -Joann
“Made it yesterday for get-together! Everyone loved it! I made it in a sheet pan. So moist and yummy!” – Johnetta
“Made this week and used the other nutmeg frosting recipe of yours – DELICIOUS! Thank you!” – Crystal
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pumpkin Apple Cake with Nutmeg Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix just straight pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil I use Canola
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apples peeled and grated or shredded
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces Optional
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter or margarine softened
- 1 1 lb. box confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin and mix well using electric mixer. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and apples and continue mixing.
- Fold in nuts and raisins and pour batter into a sprayed or greased 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 45 to 50 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients with mixer until you get the spreading consistency you want. Spread on cooled cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t Forget to Pin our Pumpkin Apple Cake with Nutmeg Frosting! © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Follow us on Instagram.