Lemon cake is always a treat at my house.
This lemon cake does not last any time at my house. I barely have time to get the drizzle on and it will be half gone. We love this cake and it can go anywhere anytime. It’s a perfect dessert for any holiday event or gathering. It really looks beautiful on a buffet or dessert table and tastes as good as it looks. You can’t beat this cake with coffee served as a dessert. It has just the right amount of lemon. You might also like our Kentucky Butter Cake.
Ingredients Needed for Lemon cake:
White granulated sugar
Lemon extract or could use vanilla extract
Lemon juice or lemon extract (optional)
Recipe Feedback: “Made this over the weekend and we loved it! All your recipes are wonderful. I recently bought all your magazines and I am loving it too!”-Jessica
If you like lemon, then don’t forget about our easy lemon blueberry bundt cake. This cake is perfect if you want something quick and easy because it’s made with a cake mix. It has wonderful reviews!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Fabulous Lemon Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or could use vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lemon extract optional
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl using a mixer cream the butter, sugar and eggs
- Combine with flour mixture along with sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest and extract using mixer. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray
- Add cake mixture and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until center tests done. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Once totally cooled at the drizzle.
- Drizzle over cake as in photos. You can also add some lemon zest to the cake on top of the drizzle for decoration.
Don’t forget to pin fabulous lemon cake.
Click here to follow us on Instagram..© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.