Kentucky chocolate chip bourbon pie is made with Kentucky bourbon along with nuts and chocolate. This dessert couldn’t possibly be easier. We always serve this pie on Derby Day, it’s tradition! We love it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. This pie is also great with coffee. It’s a truly decadent dessert that always gets rave reviews from my family and guests. Don’t wait for Derby to serve this dessert, it’s wonderful anytime.
Ingredients Needed for Kentucky Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pie:
Butter or margarine
Walnuts or pecans
Notes: You can always leave the bourbon out of this dessert. I’ve made it many times without it and it’s just as good. This pie is great for any occasion, not just Derby. I love to make this dessert for any potluck or gathering because you just mix it up and bake. It’s super easy and calls for simple ingredients!
Looking for a few more Derby Recipes? Here are our FAVORITES.
Speaking of easy pies, don’t forget about this delicious pineapple chess pie. It’s SO GOOD and a classic! The perfect spring/summer dessert.Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Kentucky Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- Mix sugar, flour, eggs, butter, vanilla, and bourbon with a wire whisk in a bowl. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and serve. Enjoy! Note: This pie will rise up while cooking and once it starts to cool it will settle.