Irish Whiskey Apple Cake would be great for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or just anytime you need a great cake. You can decorate it any way you like and use your imagination. You could make several different colors of glaze, add some Easter eggs and make it totally different. This cake would be good just sprinkled with powdered sugar. I love it with coffee.
Irish Whiskey Apple Cake Ingredients Needed:
Favorite Irish whiskey (you could use bourbon in this recipe as well)
Pecan or walnut pieces
Vanilla extract (optional)
Irish whiskey (optional)
Add some green food coloring to the glaze if you want to make this cake pop for St. Patrick’s Day! This is a great cake and wonderful to enjoy with friends and family. The apples really gives this cake a great moist flavor.
If you don’t want to use alcohol in this recipe you can easily leave it out, we have made it both ways and it’s delicious. Like one person commented, you can use apple sauce to soak the raisins or just water. Cakes are versatile for a reason, so you can enjoy this one either way.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Irish Whiskey Apple Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoon butter softened or 1 1/2 sticks
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated apples I used Red Delicious, about 2 large peeled and grated
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Irish whiskey you could use bourbon in this recipe as well
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 teaspoon Irish whiskey optional
- First of all soak the raisins in the whiskey. The longer they soak the better. Overnight or at least six hours is best. If you don’t use alcohol and want to make this cake, you can just soak the raisins in 1/2 cup water instead of whiskey.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Cream the sugar, butter and eggs in a mixing bowl using a mixer.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and continue mixing. Add vanilla extract, buttermilk, sour cream and apples. Mix. Fold in raisins along with any whiskey that was not absorbed and nuts.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 55 minutes or until center is cooked. You can use the glaze or any frosting you like.
- Mix and drizzle over cooled cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
You may also like our Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake.
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder