These Cream Cheese Danishes made with canned biscuits are delicious and so easy to make. They are wonderful for breakfast with coffee or as a snack with milk. Make some as appetizers when friends and family come over for a gathering or game day event. They would make a wonderful surprise breakfast treat for your Valentine. Children will love helping you make these. They will keep several days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
Ingredients needed for Cream Cheese Danishes:
White granulated sugar
Cherry pie filling (You can use whatever pie filling you like)
Recipe Feedback: “I just made this today with apple pie filling. OMG! So good! Thanks for sharing!-Kim
These treats are also great for brunch! You can easily double it or even triple for a larger group. Scroll all the way down to read more reviews for these cream cheese danishes.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Canned Biscuit Cream Cheese Danishes
- 1 16 ounce can jumbo flaky biscuits with 8 biscuits in can.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling (You can use whatever pie filling you like)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoon milk more or less until of pouring consistency
- Remove biscuits from can and pull apart to make two biscuits out of each one. You will have 16 flat biscuit pieces. If you are making the muffin type danishes, roll the biscuit pieces out a little to fit in the cup of a standard sized muffin tin that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- If you are making the flat ones on a baking sheet, place a piece of parchment paper on the sheet and put the flat biscuit pieces on the paper. I kind of crimp the outsides of each flat piece kind of like you would a pie crust to hold the filling. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a mixer and add about a tablespoon to each danish, then add pie filling on top. I make 8 of each and use all the cream cheese and pie filling.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until biscuits are brown and done. Let cool and add glaze below if you like. Makes 16 danishes.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Click to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.