HOMEMADE ENCHILADA SAUCE
Homemade enchilada sauce is an easy recipe and delicious in your enchilada casseroles. Make it yourself and you know what is in the sauce and no artificial preservatives. This homemade enchilada sauce will keep several days refrigerated in an airtight container. You could double or triple the recipe if cooking for a crowd. You can add more or less of the spices to suit your taste. This sauce is also good over chicken, pork and beef that is just baked in the oven or even made in the crock pot. It’s perfect with my Cheesy Beef Enchiladas. It adds a great flavor to just about any recipe. Be sure to check out hundreds of other easy homemade recipes for DIY, make your own and tips.
We get great reviews on this homemade enchilada sauce.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (can use canola or olive oil)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 2 cups
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
Heat oil on top of the stove and stir in the flour until smooth and bubbles form. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Turn to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 3 cups. Enjoy! Be sure and check out my Cheesy Beef Enchiladas!
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil can use canola or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth or 2 cups
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- Heat oil on top of the stove and stir in the flour until smooth and bubbles form. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Turn to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 3 cups
Don’t Forget to Pin Homemade Enchilada Sauce:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Feel free to share by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter icons below. You can print by clicking on the green printer icon at the top and bottom of every post on this site.