Cheesy beef enchiladas recipe is one you will make for your family over and over again. These enchiladas smothered in cheese and made with my favorite recipe for homemade enchilada sauce is a definite favorite at my house. My family absolutely loves Mexican food and we have it often. This recipe for cheesy beef enchiladas makes a lot but we seldom have leftovers when I make this. If you do have leftovers, they are just as good reheated if not even better. I like to make my enchilada sauce a day ahead of time and then use it in this recipe the next day after the ingredients have had time to marry in the sauce.
Cheesy beef enchiladas Ingredients needed:
Corn or flour tortillas
Fire roasted chopped green chiles
Mexican style 4 blend cheese
You can easily use chicken in this recipe too. To make it even easier use rotisserie chicken. You can also double the beans and leave all meat out for a vegetarian option. This dish is wonderful for a busy night because it really doesn’t take much time to throw this dish together. Serve our Green Chile Rice with this for a delicious meal.
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 4 ounce can fire roasted chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- about 3 cups enchilada sauce divided
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style 4 blend cheese can use whatever cheese you like
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain and return to skillet. Add chopped garlic, green chiles, black beans, cumin, black pepper, salt and 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce to ground beef. Cook on low for 8 to 10 minutes
- Spread 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce evenly in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Put stacked tortillas on a plate and microwave all for 30 seconds to warm and make more pliable. Fill each warm tortilla with the hamburger mixture and place down in the baking dish. Pour and spread 1 cup enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle on the 2 cups of shredded cheese and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, fresh parsley, sour cream.
Don’t Forget to Pin Cheesy Beef Enchiladas.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.