This recipe of Fried Potato Breakfast Bowl is about my favorite breakfast ever. I have this a couple times a week. I love fried potatoes fixed anyway you can “fix” them and this is my favorite way. There is another post on the site for just regular country fried potatoes and potato cakes.
Fried potato breakfast bowls are so much fun to make and everyone loves them!
Scoop of fried potatoes
1 egg cooked the way you like it
Slice of fried ham
Cheese of your choice, sprinkle on top
5 or 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
1 to 1 1/2 cups flour (can use all-purpose or self-rising)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 (4 ounce) can green chilis, drained
hot sauce to taste
1/2 cup cooking oil
In a dish combine flour, cumin, black pepper, salt, chili powder. Pour over chopped, raw potatoes, toss and mix well to coat potatoes. Add drained green chilis and sprinkle on hot sauce to taste. Add potatoes to hot oil and fry until crisp. Drain and enjoy. (The flour makes them more crispy). Makes about six servings of potatoes. Guests love these little breakfast bowls. Try these for breakfast and Enjoy!
Note: you can add onion and green pepper to these potatoes, too.
Fried Potato Breakfast Bowls
Fried Potatoes for Breakfast Bowl
- 5 or 6 large potatoes peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups flour can use all-purpose or self-rising
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies, drained
- hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- In a dish combine flour, cumin, black pepper, salt, chili powder.
- Pour over chopped, raw potatoes, toss and mix well to coat potatoes. Add drained green chilis and sprinkle on hot sauce to taste.
- Add potatoes to hot oil and fry until crisp. Drain and enjoy.
Don’t Forget to Pin Fried Potato Breakfast Bowls!
Follow us on Instagram.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!