This delicious easy blackberry crisp is a wonderful way to enjoy blackberries. It’s a great dessert for any gathering and perfect for just a few people. We love any kind of crisp but this one is so good with fresh blackberries. It’s great hot or cold, but I personally love it warm with vanilla ice cream. Such a great treat!
Easy Blackberry Crisp Ingredients Needed:
Fresh or frozen blackberries
White granulated sugar
Quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
Walnuts or pecans
I made this crisp with walnuts but it’s just as good with pecans. The spices and the berries really is a wonderful flavor. You can also top this with whipped cream.
If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we love blackberries. They take me right back to my childhood because we had a lot in the summer and my Mother always made so many delicious desserts. Our deep dish blackberry cobbler is a great dessert too. It’s an old fashioned recipes with layers of cobbler and the longer it sets the better. It just soaks up all that delicious blackberry juice!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Follow us on Instagram!
Easy Blackberry Crisp
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 8 tablespoons butter or 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Whisk together the white granulated sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Sprinkle over blackberries and toss so that they are all covered with mixture.
- Place blackberries in the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish. Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and chopped nuts in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove and pour into the flour mixture. Mix until it is all wet. Spread or sprinkle the oat topping over the blackberries and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbling and browned on top.
Be sure and pin this Easy Blackberry Crisp:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.