FRESH APPLE COFFEE CAKE
This Fresh Apple Coffee Cake is so easy to make and delicious with a cup of coffee. It’s super easy to make, very versatile and one your family will love. In the Fall season when all the apples are here we love to make this coffee cake, however it’s great year round. Takes no time to throw this one together.
Fresh Apple Coffee Cake Ingredients Needed:
White granulated sugar
Walnuts or nuts of your choice
This coffee cake is super versatile, you can use whatever nuts you prefer or leave them out all together. You can also replace the raisin with crasins or leave those out too. The combination of spices with fresh apples makes this coffee cake really moist. It’s best, hot right out of the oven. You could easily add a basic powdered sugar glaze to this too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Fresh Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium sized apples peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter or 4 tablespoons
- Combine egg, milk, oil, grated apples and vanilla extract; mix well with a spoon. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon; stirring all ingredients just until flour is moistened.
- Spread batter in a 9 x 9 inch sprayed baking pan. Combine brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over flour mixture.
- Cut butter into slices and place on top. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until center tests done.
Be sure and pin this delicious fresh apple coffee cake:
Are you following us on Instagram?!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.