This recipe for Cheesy Hamburger Pie is an easy way to use hamburger. Just add a salad and you have a meal. Easy, filling, and good! This pie makes a wonderful weeknight meal your family will love and it’s so easy to make at the end of a busy day. You can always make your own baking mix, here is our recipe.
Cheesy Hamburger Pie Ingredients Needed:
Hot Sauce (optional)
Cheddar cheese, shredded (Can use any kind of cheese you like or several different kinds)
As you can see this dish can be very versatile, I used a mixture of four different shredded cheeses. Turned out great. If you don’t like green peppers, leave them out. If you like spicy add some jalapenos and the hot sauce. It’s such an easy dish and one you can make to your families preference.
I made this in a 10 inch iron skillet, but a 10 inch pie plate works great too!
We love to serve it topped with sour cream, it’s a great addition. If you love this dish you will also love this Impossible Italian Pie, it’s made with Italian sausage and so good!
If you don’t have bisquick on hand you can easily make your own baking mix. Click here for the recipe.
“I made this last night. It was awesome. We loved it, definitely will make time and time again. Thanks so very much for sharing your recipe.” – Linda
“Just made this for dinner tonight and it was awesome! Everyone loved it! There were no leftovers! Thanks for the recipe!” – Ruth
“My son, who is a picky eater and can eat his weight in cheese, thought this was the best recipe ever! Made it in a 9×13 to accommodate 2 tastes (those who like onions & those who do not – we just added them prior to baking and made a bit extra batter. This was a complete hit all around! Thank you.” – SusanAre you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cheesy Hamburger Pie
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 or 5 drops hot pepper sauce can you more if you like
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded (Can use any kind of cheese you like or several different kinds)
- 1/2 cup bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, brown the hamburger, onion, and green pepper with the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and hot sauce. Drain the hamburger mixture.
- Spray a 10 inch pie pan or 10 inch iron skillet and spread the hamburger mixture in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the hamburger.
- In a small bowl, mix the bisquick, milk, and eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Pour over the hamburger and cheese. Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over your mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle. Click here to follow us on Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.