Cream cheese biscuits are perfect for appetizers, kids love them and a great addition to any meal. Serve these cream cheese biscuits with a piece of country ham to guests, for breakfast with jams and jellies or just anytime for a great snack. I love these biscuits and they are easy to make. These biscuits would be wonderful for any gathering like a bridal shower, baby shower, brunch, etc.
Cream cheese biscuits simple ingredients:
Cream cheese, softened
Buttermilk (could use regular milk)
I used a 2 inch square and a 2 inch round biscuit cutter but if you don’t have these, roll out the dough and use a pizza cutter to make them square. Most recipes for these biscuits call for 3 ounces of cream cheese but I use 4 ounces in mine. Cream cheese works really well in this recipe and these biscuits even reheat well the next day.
Recipe Feedback: “These are perfect! Probably the best biscuits I’ve ever had. So easy to make and delicious. I wouldn’t change a thing.” -Deborah
“I made these for my husband and he loved them and so did I. Thanks for sharing. I will be trying some of your other recipes now.” – Martha
“This cream cheese biscuit recipe makes the best biscuit I have ever eaten. I am 76. Thanks!” – Gloria
If you love biscuits like we do you will also love our Cathead Biscuits! They are one of our most popular recipe and have great comments too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter or 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick softened
- 1 cup buttermilk could use regular milk
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking soda. Cut in the softened cream cheese and butter until you have coarse crumbs. (I put my cream cheese and butter in a bowl and microwave about 30 seconds to soften it. You don't want it melted, just softened, and microwaves vary. If you try this just do it a few seconds at a time until it feels soft when you touch it.)
- Add the milk and mix into a dough. Turn out onto a floured surface. Add enough flour until you can handle and knead the dough. Knead until it is elastic and you can roll it out to about 1/2 inch. Cut out your biscuits and place on sprayed baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven 15-20 minutes. I got exactly 28 biscuits using the 2 inch cutters. I do brush tops with melted butter but it's not necessary
Don’t Forget to Pin Cream Cheese Biscuits!
Click to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.