This Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake is super easy to make and one of our favorites! This pound cake is made in a loaf pan and its perfect for just a few people. It’s wonderful with coffee and would be great for a brunch gathering. Pound cakes are dense cakes and this cake is made with cream cheese and eggs so that is going to make it moist and dense. If you love coconut you should definitely give this cake a try!
Coconut cream cheese pound cake simple ingredients:
Cream cheese, softened
White granulated sugar
Flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
I used parchment paper in the pan when I made this because I wanted to make sure it didn’t stick to the pan. I have found that pound cakes or any heavy cake has a tendency to stick and this helps that process. I also like to toast some coconut to sprinkle on the top of this cake too, but it is absolutely not necessary.
Recipe Feedback: “This was delicious!!!! I did added some chopped pecans, but otherwise made it exactly as the recipe stated. WONDERFUL!!!” -Mae
“This was absolutely out of sight delicious! I love the heavy texture!” – Linda
Please remember the batter will be thick, you do not want to over mix a pound cake. Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
If you love pound cakes you will also love this one!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add coconut extract. Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add to creamed mixture and continue beating while adding coconut and milk.
- Generously spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pour in batter. (Batter will be thick) Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes, checking for doneness as ovens vary. Makes 1 loaf. Can sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
Don’t forget to Pin our Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.