SOURDOUGH CINNAMON ROLLS
Sourdough cinnamon rolls are ALWAYS a good idea.
If you like sourdough then you are going to love these sourdough cinnamon rolls. We love anything made with sourdough because we always have our sourdough starter ready to go! These cinnamon rolls are super easy to prepare and always a hit when I serve them.
Sourdough Cinnamon Roll Ingredients Needed:
Oil (I use olive oil, but can use corn, vegetable or canola)
Recipe Notes: I really like this recipe because it just makes 8-10 cinnamon rolls (depending on how big you cut them). If you make our sourdough bread recipe, you’ll notice that this is just that bread recipe cut in half. You can certainly just make up the bread recipe and that would make twice as many cinnamon rolls. I like to use our powdered sugar glaze on these cinnamon rolls. If you double this recipe, you will need to double the glaze recipe. You can always use our cream cheese frosting on these cinnamon rolls as well. I like to sprinkle pecans on top after the glaze.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil can use corn, vegetable or canola
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Mix starter, warm water, salt, sugar, oil, and 3 cups flour in a large bowl. Pour out onto floured surface and work with it until you can pick it up and place in an oiled bowl. Turn the dough once so that it is oiled on both sides, cover and let rise overnight. (I cover it with a clean dishtowel).
- The next morning, punch down the dough, take out and put on floured surface and roll out to about 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Soften butter in the microwave just to spreading consistency and spread over the dough, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and half cup of brown sugar. Roll the dough up into a long roll and cut into slices. Place in round cake pan or cast irons skillet (I cover them with a dish towel) and let rise about 5- 6 hours.
- Once rolls have doubled in size, bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes or until brown on top. Then add optional nuts and glaze. Serve warm.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.