This zesty chicken tortilla chip casserole makes a lot and my family loves it. You will definitely want to save this recipe. This is the perfect recipe for the busy family. It’s very easy to make and one that is perfect for a busy night. Super versatile too and has great reviews!
Chicken Tortilla Chip Casserole Ingredients Needed:
4 to 5 cups chicken, cooked
Green Bell Pepper
Can of diced tomatoes
Can cream of celery soup
Can cream of chicken soup
Can of green chilis
Crushed tortilla chips
Mexican style cheese or cheese of your choice
You can add some cayenne or hot sauce to this casserole if you like hot food. Can serve with a dollop of sour cream on top, chopped tomatoes, olives, etc. You can also replace the can of diced tomatoes with Rotel Tomatoes. This makes a great dish for company and you can use your imagination and add other ingredients, too.
For a time saver use rotisserie chicken! Sometimes they already have it pulled off the bone in the deli section of the grocery.
You could also use crushed Doritos in this recipe if you wanted to switch it up! If you like this dish you will love this Green Chile Enchilada Skillet.
“Excellent recipe! Great way to us up then broken chips in the bag. I did use leftover turkey as that is what I had.” – Fern
“Made this for the family (12) and they all thought it was really good. I figured that out when there was nothing left.” CJ
“I made it today and I thought it was great. I had my daughter and granddaughter for supper and they thought it was great. I will make it again.” – Louise
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chicken Tortilla Chip Casserole
- 4 to 5 cups chicken cooked and chopped (I bake a chicken and chop for this recipe)
- 1 cup green onion chopped (can use regular onion)
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1 10.5 ouncecan cream of chicken soup
- 1 4 ounce can green chilis, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 to 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese or cheese of your choice
- You will need a large skillet. Cook the green pepper and onion in the oil. Add the tomatoes, celery soup, chicken soup, green chilis, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and cumin to the skillet. Mix well with a spoon and simmer about 10 minutes. Add a layer of crushed tortilla chips to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Next, add a layer of chicken and cover with half the soup mixture from your skillet. Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Add another layer of chips, chicken, and the rest of the soup mixtures. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and add remaining cup of cheese. Return to oven for about 5 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese on top of the casserole dish. Makes 10 to 12 servings