This green chile enchilada bake is so easy.
Green chile enchilada bake takes no time to prepare and makes a great weeknight dinner. Plus, it’s delicious. My family loves this dish and I never mind making it because it takes very little effort. I make this recipe with ground turkey but you can easily use ground beef or even ground pork. I make mine in a cast-iron skillet but it can easily be made in a 9X13 casserole dish. This dish is great comfort food!
Ingredients Needed for Green Chile Enchilada Bake:
Ground beef or ground turkey
Green chile enchilada sauce
Canned green chiles
Shredded Monterrey Jack / Colby cheese ( can use any cheese you like)
Notes: This dish is so versatile. You can certainly use Cool Ranch Doritos or any flavor that your family enjoys. If you don’t like black beans, use pinto or kidney. I’ve never made this dish with ground chicken but I’m sure it would be great.
If you like this dish, you may want to also try our chicken tortilla chip casserole. This recipe has fantastic reviews and is always a hit when we serve it.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Green Chile Enchilada Bake
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 10 ounce can of green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 4 ounce can of green chiles
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded Monterrey jack / Colby cheese can use any cheese you like
- 1 bag of Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown ground turkey and taco seasoning in skillet over medium heat. When meat is cooked through add black beans, enchilada sauce, green chiles and cream cheese. Let mixture simmer until it thickens. Spray an iron skillet or a casserole dish.
- Start with a layer of meat mixture in the bottom of the dish. Top with broken up Doritos and then cover in cheese. Continue layering and then top of casserole with a layer of shredded cheese. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and cilantro. Serves 6-8 people.
Be sure and pin this delicious Green Chile Enchilada Bake!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder