This Cheesy Apple Casserole is so easy and makes a great side dish. If you have never tried this dish you absolutely need to, it is that good. So many people turn their nose up at this combination but I assure you it is delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal and would be wonderful for the holidays.
Cheesy Apple Casserole Ingredients Needed:
Apples (I used red delicious but you could use about any kind in this recipe)
White granulated sugar
Shredded cheddar cheese
This recipe is super hard to get great pictures of since its just a casserole topped with cheese. Not a lot to work with, but the taste is so good it doesn’t matter! We recently remade this delicious dish so we could update this recipe and it didn’t last a day. Great reviews on this dish too.
Full recipe in printable recipe card below.
My mom makes something very similar to this called cheese apples but it’s made with canned apples and velveeta. I try to avoid velveeta and canned things. This was so good and tastes just like hers but better!! Thank you for a real food recipe! We are having it tomorrow at thanksgiving.” – Brooke
“I made this Cheesy Apple Casserole for my friend. He and I really enjoyed it. I used 1.5 cups white granulated sugar and 1.5 cups of brown sugar. WOW! The apples were cooked just right. The cheddar cheese really added to the flavor and goes so well with apples. Thanks for sharing.” – Sue
“This is so delicious! Easy, and a hit on Thanksgiving. If I make this just for family again on a regular night, I may cut the butter and use low fat cheddar cheese. But for a holiday, full day perfect!” – Michelle
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cheesy Apple Casserole
- 5 cups chopped apples (I used red delicious but you could use about any kind in this recipe. Peel and core the apples, then chop)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toss the chopped apples with the lemon juice.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and spread the apples in the bottom of the dish.
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, salt, flour, milk, vanilla extract and one cup of the cheese together with a spoon. Pour and spread over the apples. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes adding the other cup of shredded cheese on top during the last 15 minutes.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Be sure and PIN this Cheesy Apple Casserole:
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.