This Blackberry Buttermilk Pie is easy to make and absolutely delicious. We love blackberries and we love buttermilk pie so this is a great combination. We love pies that are simple to throw together and this is one of those. Just a few ingredients and has a wonderful flavor. Add this pie to your recipe list!
Blackberry Buttermilk Pie Ingredients needed:
White granulated sugar
One deep dish pie crust
If you have followed us for any amount of time you know we love blackberries. So many memories picking blackberries as a child. My mother always made these Blackberries and Dumplings. Such a delicious summer treat.
This pie would be a great addition to any gathering. You can also use vanilla extract if you don’t want to use almond. We thought the almond extract was a really great combination with fresh blackberries.
Full recipe below in recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Blackberry Buttermilk Pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick softened
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pints of fresh blackberries
- One deep dish pie crust
- Place blackberries in pie shell and set in fridge while you make the pie filling. Beat eggs, sugar, butter and almond extract with mixer until well blended.
- Add buttermilk, flour and allspice continue mixing about 1 minute.
- Pour over blackberries into pie shell. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, until done.
- Let sit for few hours to set.
Be sure and pin this delicious Blackberry Buttermilk Pie:
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder