Hamburger Stroganoff is a great way to enjoy a quick and easy, comfort food. Add our delicious cornbread muffins and you have a meal for your family. This dish is perfect for a busy night! Super easy to make and one your family will love. We love this over noodles but it would be wonderful over rice too.
Hamburger Stroganoff Ingredients Needed:
Mushrooms, canned or fresh
Cream of mushroom soup
Can of beef gravy
Pasta or rice
I make this over egg noodles because my family loves them but we also serve this over rice. This dish reheats well too so you can easily reheat this for lunch the next day. You could also add in some vegetables if you wanted. I have added broccoli before and it was good.
If you love this easy skillet dish you will also love our Hamburger Goulash. It’s another easy dinner idea. We love recipes you can easily throw together on a busy night.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Hamburger Stroganoff Skillet
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds hamburger meat
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 13.25 ounce can mushrooms, drained (could use fresh mushrooms)
- 1 10.25 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 10 ounce can beef gravy
- Pasta or rice
- Brown hamburger, garlic, and onions in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain and return to skillet. In a bowl combine mushrooms, mushroom soup, sour cream, pepper, salt, Worcestershire, flour and beef gravy. Mix well with spoon. Pour soup over hamburger, continue to simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over noodles or rice.