Applesauce raisin cake is wonderful for any occasion.
Applesauce Raisin Cake is great with or without icing. Serve it with coffee for dessert. It makes a great treat with milk anytime. Applesauce raisin cake is an old fashioned recipe that your family and friends will love. You might also like our recipe for peanut butter poke cake.
Applesauce raisin cake will become a favorite.
1 stick butter or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tsps baking soda
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts (optional) (I use walnuts)
Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, applesauce and buttermilk. Blend well with mixer. Whisk together dry ingredients. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients then add raisins and nuts. Spray bundt pan or 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about one hour.
I have served this applesauce raisin cake without icing or with just about any icing you can make. The photos are with a powdered sugar glaze made by mixing powdered sugar and enough milk to make the glaze thin enough to pour from a small pitcher. Caramel frosting is great on this applesauce raisin cake, too. Enjoy!
Applesauce Raisin Cake
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup nuts optional (I use walnuts)
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, applesauce and buttermilk. Blend well with mixer. Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients then add raisins and nuts. Spray bundt pan or 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about one hour.
Don’t Forget to Pin Applesauce Raisin Cake!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Feel free to “share” by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter icons below. You can print by clicking on the green printer icon below.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.