This sweet banana nut cornbread will really be a surprise. This bread is delicious and I have not found anyone that did not like it yet. I am sure there are people that will say they don’t like sweet cornbread but why not be versatile and try new things? I love trying something I have not had before and am always amazed at the things I like when I thought there was no way. You just taste a hint of banana in this bread and the pecans really add to the amazing flavor. My family loves it and thinks I am making something special when they get this cornbread. You might also like our recipe for Southern hot water cornbread.
Sweet banana nut cornbread simple ingredients needed:
Regular yellow cornmeal
White granulated sugar
Pecans, finely chopped
This bread would be a wonderful addition to any gathering. It’s honestly so good with butter and a cup of coffee. I think it could be a dessert as well. Super versatile and a great way to enjoy bananas! If you love cornbread you will love the texture of this bread. It’s shockingly good!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sweet Banana Nut Cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups regular yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Add melted butter, milk, honey and eggs in that order. Stir with a spoon to combine. Stir in mashed bananas and pecans.
- Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until well browned on top and center is done. Let rest 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t forget to pin sweet banana nut cornbread.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.