This Pumpkin Honey Bun cake is super easy to make and so good. If you have followed our site for any amount of time, you know we love the original honey bun cake and take it to many occasions. However, this one is the perfect Fall or holiday cake. The addition of pumpkin takes this cake to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake Ingredients Needed :
Butter Pecan Cake Mix
Real Pumpkin (we use Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin)
This delicious cake is topped with a powdered sugar glaze, and it makes this cake! You can’t leave that off it.. it’s the icing on the cake! As you can see, this cake is made with a mix, which generally sparks comments about how “we only like to bake from scratch.” There are MANY cakes on this website that are from scratch, loads of vintage and old-fashioned desserts, but sometimes you just want a simple cake! This one is easy and delicious.. so win-win!
If you love pumpkin recipes, you may also love this delicious Pumpkin Bread!
Full printable recipe in the recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Follow us on Instagram!
Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake
- 1 Butter Pecan cake mix
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of 100% pure pumpkin we use Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup of pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 or 5 tablespoons milk
- Combine butter pecan cake mix, melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix with a mixer.
- Spray a 9X13 pan and pour in the cake batter.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the cake batter and swirl into the batter. I use a butter knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until test done. Let cake cool.
- Mix together topping ingredients and drizzle over the cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Be sure and pin this delicious Honey Bun Cake!