This Homemade Pralines and Cream Ice Cream is a real treat and super simple. Made with homemade pralines and simple ingredients and no churn needed!
Things to love about this Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
First, this recipe is no churn. Yep.. you read that right, you don’t need a churn to make this ice cream which is always a plus. This delicious ice cream is egg free and gluten free. You don’t need eggs for the base which is nice too.
Simple Ingredients Needed:
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Whipping Cream
- Condensed Milk
- Caramel Sauce
You will make Homemade Pralines
Don’t be intimidated by making pralines, they are super simple and so delicious. Plus by making them homemade you know exactly what is going into this delicious ice cream. Simple ingredients and your family will love it! If you love pralines like we do, you may also love these Southern Pecan Pralines, which is a wonderful gift during the holiday season.
We did use store bought caramel sauce but you can make your own. Here is our recipe for Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Why does no churn ice cream work?
No churn ice cream is just that.. ice cream made without a churn. Many moons ago you could only make homemade ice cream with a churn. Now we can all enjoy it without having extra equipment. The whipping process is what gives it the same texture as churn ice cream. Is it going to be exactly the same.. well probably not, but is it delicious.. yes it is! Plus it is super versatile as you can use the base and add all kinds of different toppings.
One of the best things about no churn ice cream, it really doesn’t take much time to throw this together. The most time consuming part about this ice cream is making the pralines. I love to make this a day in advance, that way it is really good and frozen. You will love this creamy treat!
This delicious ice cream is wonderful to enjoy with family and friends for the summer holidays! Add this to your 4th of July gathering.
Other no churn ice creams you will love:
- Blackberry No Churn Ice Cream
- Cherry Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream
- Pineapple Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream
If you have followed our website for any amount of time, you may remember this image made the summer cover of our Front Porch Life Magazine.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pralines and Cream Ice Cream
- Praline Ingredients:
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups of cold whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a saucepan on the stove combine all praline ingredients except the pecans. Bring to a boil and let boil about 3 minutes until lightly caramelized. Remove from heat and add pecans. Using a wooden spoon continue stirring until it has cooled and pecans are covered. Pour out onto a baking pine lined in parchment paper and let cool completely.
- In a cold glass bowl, whip 2 cups of whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks begin to form, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla with mixer still on high speed add in condensed milk a little at a time until fully combined. Do not over mix, as it will separate.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, pour half of mixture into a loaf pan, the sprinkle in half of the pralines., add remaining ice cream and top with remainder of pralines.
- Drizzle top with caramel sauce.. this step is optional.
- Waffle Cones
- Regular Sugar Cones
- Waffle Bowls
- Regular Ice Cream Cones
- or a bowl
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.