These Orange Blueberry Muffins are a great way to start the day. These easy muffins have a great flavor and we love the combination of orange and blueberry together. These muffins also reheat well and we love them with coffee in the morning.
Orange Blueberry Muffins Ingredients Needed:
Sugar (can use splenda)
Cooking oil or butter
These muffins are sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar on the top which we love. It gives them a wonderful texture. We love these right out of the oven with butter! You could add nuts to these muffins if you like and I have made them with 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat.
You may also love this delicious French Toast Casserole! Great dish for when company comes to visit. You can make it the night before.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Orange Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour can use half wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar I use splenda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or can use 8 tablespoons butter 1 stick, melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup blueberries I use fresh but can use frozen
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease or spray 12 cup muffin pan. Mix oats and orange juice together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup splenda or sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Blend in egg and oil.
- Stir in oat mixture and fold in blueberries. Spoon into muffin pan.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over tops of batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.