This French Toast Casserole can be put together the night before and cooked the next morning. It makes a wonderful and easy breakfast for your family and guests. It is great reheated if you have any left over. This is a treat with coffee anytime and children will love it, too.
French Toast Casserole Ingredients Needed:
French bread, (Day old bread is better for this. I bought a 14 ounce package that contains 2 small loaves in the bakery at Kroger. Can get large loaf, too)
Evaporated milk (can use regular milk)
Butter or 1/2 stick or 1/4 cup
Light corn syrup
Pecans or walnuts
This breakfast treat is super versatile. It’s delicious served many different ways. We love it topped with real maple syrup and some whipped cream. Wonderful way to spoil any guests you may have visiting. This french toast is perfect for any holiday and is a big hit at Christmas. Since you make this the night before it will save you time! Always a win win!
We love fresh fruit with this as well, especially strawberries. So you could easily have some on the side for a great topping option. You could also just pour a glaze over the entire pan! We love to sprinkle it with powdered sugar but you could also use this Powdered Sugar Glaze too. If you love maple, which would be a wonderful addition to this casserole, you could always use this maple glaze!
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
French Toast Casserole
- 12 slices French bread sliced about an inch to an inch and a half thick (Day old bread is better for this. I bought a 14 ounce package that contains 2 small loaves in the bakery at Kroger. Can get large loaf, too)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk can use regular milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or 1/2 stick or 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk can use regular milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. (I used a 10 x 10 x 2 casserole dish) Whisk together your ingredients for your dip in a mixing bowl.
- Dip each bread slice in the dip and place in your casserole dish.
- Combine all the topping ingredients except the nuts and heat either on stove or in microwave until hot but not boiling. Pour topping ingredients over your bread in the casserole dish. Cover casserole dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning or before baking, remove the cover and add the nuts. Bake uncovered in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Don’t Forget to Pin French Toast Casserole!
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.