Make these Nutty Chocolate Bars for any occasion! Super easy to make and they don’t last long. Nutty Chocolate Bars recipe tastes like a candy bar. They are wonderful anytime you want a bite of something sweet and these nutty chocolate bars make a great after school snack, too. I like to grab one with coffee for an afternoon treat. This is an easy, delicious recipe. I made these with walnuts but they taste like a mounds bar if you use almonds. Try them both ways. Check out our recipe for Pecan Pie Bars.
Ingredients for Nutty Chocolate Bars
Graham cracker crumbs
Sweetened condensed milk
Shredded or grated coconut
Chopped nuts, (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
Only six simple ingredients but big on taste. You can make these in about 30 minutes. They are great to take to any gathering and you can easily double the ingredients to make a bigger batch. If you like these bars you will love these Caramel Pecan Bars!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Nutty Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter or 8 tablespoon or 1/2 cup melted
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded or grated coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- Place graham crackers in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until you have 2 cups of crumbs. Mix the crumbs well with the melted butter. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and pat the crumb mixture into the bottom of the dish. Bake this in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Mix the milk with the coconut in a bowl using a spoon. Spread over graham cracker crust and return to 350 degree oven for 15 more minutes. Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over the top. Return to 350 degree oven about 5 more minutes or just until chocolate chips are warm enough to spread with a knife. Let cool in refrigerator. Cut into small squares. Makes about 30 pieces depending on what size you cut the bars