This mixed berry baked oatmeal recipe is super easy to make and a wonderful way to enjoy oatmeal. You can use the berries you enjoy and this is a great brunch recipe. We made this with strawberries and blueberries and it came out wonderful! We love the combination of almond flavor with berries!
Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Ingredients Needed:
Strawberries and Blueberries (or berries of your choice)
Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
Milk or Evaporated Milk
As you can see these are very simple ingredients and this dish comes together quickly. It’s super versatile and a dish that does reheat well. I think this is a great dish to make on a Sunday and then enjoy for a few busy mornings. We topped it with whipped cream but you can leave that off!
You could easily use vanilla extract instead of almond, we just enjoy almond in this dish. If you use vanilla you may want to top with pecans as that is a wonderful combination. We also used evaporated milk in this but you could easily use 2% or whole milk.
We served this in cute little tea cups and it was enjoyed by all! It was great for a brunch and easy to serve this way.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bake
- 2.5 cups of berries we used strawberries and blueberries
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of milk we used evaporated milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of the berries to the dish, in a separate bowl combine oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix together and spread over the berries.
- In another bowl, add egg, milk, honey, and almond extract. Mix together with spoon and pour over the berries, move plate around to evenly cover the oatmeal mixture.
- Top with remaining fruit and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown. Top with whipped cream for a real treat!
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.