Microwave parsley potatoes is such an easy recipe and delicious. This little potato recipe appeared in my first microwave cookbook back in the seventies and I have been making it for forty years. It comes in so handy for a quick potato side dish if you are making a weeknight meal or just anytime you feel like potatoes. You can adapt it for two people or make it for several. This recipe is so versatile in that you can make it your own and add or subtract spices. The potatoes are good warmed over and will keep for several days refrigerated.
Microwave Parsley Potatoes Ingredients Needed
Dried parsley flakes (can use more)
As you can see this recipe is just simple ingredients but the flavor is great! It’s such a simple side dish and great for a busy night. These are a perfect side dish to our Brown Sugar Meatloaf!
You could easily make up some smoked sausage while the potatoes are in the microwave add that in for a quick meal. Super versatile and will save you time in the kitchen!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Microwave Parsley Potatoes
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes peeled or unpeeled and quartered (can use any kind of potato)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of butter or 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes can use more
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave safe bowl or casserole dish and cover. Microwave on high until potatoes are tender when stuck with a fork. It should take about 12 minutes and you should stir after half the time.
- Remove potatoes, drain and set aside. Microwave butter until melted and then stir in parsley flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over cooked potatoes and toss. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram..© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.