This Pistachio Cake was an experiment and turned out beautifully. I wanted to make a cake and was low on supplies. I managed to use what I had on hand and this is the result. Pineapple Pistachio Cake is a very moist cake and so good. First time making this and I will probably make it many more times. I am always experimenting with recipes and trying new ways to make things. This is what makes cooking fun for me and I’ve had plenty of disasters but don’t let that discourage you from trying.
Pineapple Pistachio Cake ingredients needed:
Yellow cake mix without the pudding
Instant pistachio pudding
Can crushed pineapple, undrained
Almond extract or could use vanilla
Pecans, chopped or nuts of your choice
I have made this cake a few times now with a basic powdered sugar glaze and topped with some pistachios and we all loved it. This cake is versatile, you could easily add a cream cheese frosting or simply use a can of whipped vanilla frosting, melted for about 12 seconds in the microwave and poured over the cake. Then added some coconut and nuts sprinkled on top. You could use another package of pistachio pudding mixed with cool whip for the frosting. You could also mix together some powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract to drizzle over the cake.
I do keep this cake in a cool place or the refrigerator.
“Baked this yesterday as a surprise for my BFF. She had “”liked” it on Face book around the February timeframe. They had a cookout last night and I surprised her with this cake. She absolutely loved it. Great cake and easy recipe. Thank you.” – LouiseAre you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix without the pudding
- 1 (3.4 ounce )instant pistachio pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple undrained
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or could use vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans chopped or nuts of your choice
- Mix pudding and cake mix with a wire whisk. Add eggs, sour cream, milk, undrained pineapple, vanilla extract, coconut and nuts. Mix well with spoon. (Could use mixer, too). Spray a 9 inch bundt pan or could use a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 55 minutes testing for doneness as ovens vary. Cool in pan for about 15 minutes, turn out on plate. Frost with you favorite frosting.
- I topped with a basic powdered sugar glaze and pistachios
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.Click here to follow us on Instagram.
©The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.