If you like Graham crackers, then I think you’ll really enjoy this dessert. Graham cracker cake has been around for a long time; once you make it, you’ll know why. It’s full of flavor and has a fantastic texture. This delicious cake is always a hit when we serve it.
Ingredients Needed for an Old Fashioned Graham Cracker Cake:
White granulated sugar
Evaporated Milk (can use regular milk)
Box of Cinnamon Graham crackers, crushed
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- We use cinnamon-flavored graham crackers because they are more flavorful, which gives the cake more flavor. You can certainly try it with honey-flavored graham crackers, too.
- We enjoy this cake with the maple glaze. However, it’s delicious with cream cheese frosting or just whipped cream.
If you like this dessert, you may want to try our cinnamon pecan cobbler. It’s fabulous!
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2 sticks butter or 1 cup softened
- 1 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk can use regular milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 14.4 ounce box of cinnamon graham crackers, crushed (Put in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped nuts of your choice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter or 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer; add eggs and continue mixing. Add milk, graham crackers and coconut along with vanilla extract using mixer until well blended. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into sprayed bundt pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes until center is done. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes and remove from pan.
- Bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan on top of the stove. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove and add maple extract and powdered sugar. Stir. Drizzle over cake.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Be sure and Pin for later:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.