This easy sweet potato casserole makes a wonderful side dish for any holiday event or gathering. The dish is delicious for a weeknight because it is so easy to throw together when you are busy or tired. I love sweet potatoes anytime and can eat this right out of the refrigerator for a snack when I get hungry. You could easily double this recipe and it keeps well for several days. I love the crunch of the cornflakes along with the sweetness of the brown sugar. You might also like our recipe for maple bacon sweet potatoes.
Easy sweet potato casserole ingredients needed:
Can of sweet potatoes
I crush my cereal in a plastic bag with the rolling pin. You could make this using about 4 or 5 raw sweet potatoes but you would need to bake them and peel before putting casserole together. This recipe comes together very quickly if you use the canned sweet potatoes. Perfect for any holiday gathering and my family has always loved it. The pecans come out toasted and they taste amazing! If you love a more traditional sweet potato casserole check out this one.
If you are looking for a super easy recipe for just a few people try out Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! Easy to make and wonderful for just a few people.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 29 ounce can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- Drain sweet potatoes and mash with milk and vanilla extract. Spread in the bottom of a casserole dish. I used a 7 x 11 inch casserole. Melt the butter and mix together with the brown sugar and crushed cornflakes.
- Spread over the sweet potatoes in the baking dish. Sprinkle on pecan pieces. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 35 minutes. You can turn on broiler for 2 minutes to toast pecans after baking. Makes about 6 servings.
Don’t forget to pin easy sweet potato casserole.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder