This Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf is perfect for Thanksgiving. It taste great and looks absolutely wonderful on the table. The colors are so vibrant and it looks beautiful as a garnish for your turkey (see pictures below). Add this delicious dish to any holiday meal. Its such a great side dish.
Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Ingredients Needed:
Wild rice blend using chicken broth to make
Apple( I used a Fuji apple)
Fresh parsley to garnish
This dish is loaded in flavor and such a great addition to any holiday meal, Christmas or Thanksgiving. The apple and cranberry together is a great combination! If you love this side dish you will want to check out these classics too:
If you are having a small gathering you will want to add these delicious Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! So easy and you don’t have to make an entire casserole.
The rice in this recipe is wild rice blend. Just like specified in the ingredients. I bought a bag of wild rice blend and made it and this was how it turned out.
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup of wild rice blend using chicken broth to make
- 4 tablespoons of butter divided
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 apple chopped ( I used a Fuji apple)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of chopped pecan
- fresh parsley to garnish
- You will prepare the wild rice according to the directions on the package with a few changes. If it calls for water, use chicken broth in place of water. You will add 2 tablespoons of butter, along with black pepper, oregano and thyme to the chicken broth then add wild rice and cook according to package directions. Mine cooked for around 50 minutes
- Remove from stove and drain extra water if needed. Leave rice in drainer. In pan, saute apples in 2 tablespoons of butter util soft. Once done, add rice, cranberries, pecans back to pan and mix together well. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Be sure and pin this delicious side dish!
Do you follow us on Instagram?© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.